5 Ways Social Media Customer Care Impacts A Business [Infographic]
With the rise of social media comes the rise of social media customer care methods. Social media is an efficient and speedy way for customers to contact businesses but we must ensure that the replies are just as efficient as a poor response time can cause up to a 15% increase in customer churn pushing customers away from the business.
Maintaining brand image is important. With 95% of businesses indicating that their customer care has a direct impact on brand imagery, it’s imperative that we keep our customers content with our products and our services.
Social media customer care can impact a business in the following ways:
- When you ask a company a question, you expect a response but sometimes this isn’t the case as over 95% of customer complaints don’t reach companies. Either they do not have a dedicated member of staff maintaining the social media platforms or the platforms aren’t being checked as often as they should. Therefore, by answering a customer complaint a business can increase customer advocacy by as much as 25%.
- If a brand reaches out to a customer via social media they can increase customer loyalty by as much as 65%. Innocent Smoothies use Twitter to reply directly to tweets that use their tags using conversational tone and humor to attract its audience. This method of communication offers customers confidence in your brand, meaning they are more likely to recall and recommend the products to other people.
- If a consumer doesn’t respond to a query, the customer is 30% more likely to go to a competitor instead. I can’t stress enough how important it is to have a social media marketer on the business team. Amazon help has an average response time of around 14 minutes, which is considerably shorter than the general average company response time of 5 hours.
- Great social media customer care can lead to an annual increase in ROI of around 30.7%. People also spend 3-20% more when they receive a response to their questions. Better responses, better customers. It’s as easy as that.
- Using social media to care for a company’s customers can cause a decrease in spending as it is up to 63% cheaper than phone support and 167% more effective than voice agents.
When considering ways to improve a business, your customers should always be at the forefront of your mind. Keeping them happy will increase revenue and improve brand recollection.
Here are 5 ways in which customer care can affect the productivity of a business. Infographic brought to you by websitebuilder.org.uk
November 17, 2017